The Ultimate Pregnancy Massage Workshop for Professionals
Who Should do this Workshop?
- Health and Skincare therapists working in:
- Day Spas
- Destination Spas
- Resort Spas
- Club Spas
- Medical Spas
- Wellness Spas/Centres
- Health and skin care clinics
- Therapeutic Massage Therapists
- Therapeutic Aromatherapists
- Health and skincare learners
- Health and skincare educators
Past students have included midwives, Therapeutic Massage Therapists and Aromatherapists, Health and Skincare therapists and learners, physiotherapists, spa managers and therapists, and sports science learners.
What are the Advantages of this Workshop?
- The workshop furnishes you with the improved skills, knowledge, understanding and techniques necessary for massaging childbearing women.
- Imbues you with the necessary confidence to help you expand your career in the delivery of exceptional, compassionate and client-orientated services to pregnant women – thereby adding to your employability.
- Provides you with hands-on experience in the side-lying technique, which can also be used for other massages.
- This workshop adds to your present skills
- Widens the scope of your existing training skills
- Enables you to offer your learners more
For Spa/Salon Managers AND Therapists:
- This workshop enables you to meet the ever-increasing demand for the specialties of pregnancy and postpartum massage therapy, and helps you satisfy the needs of your pregnant clients with greater confidence.
- Allows spa managers to offer this specialized massage as part of a “pregnancy package”, which could include gift packs, special rates and continuing come-backs.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS WORKSHOP
Upon completion of the workshop students will receive an endorsed Certificate of Attendance.
This Workshop is approved by AHPCSA for 4 CEU’s (level one) (Therapeutic Aromatherapists and Massage Therapists).
The purpose of the CPD programme is to ensure that any practitioner who is registered with the AHPCSA maintains current, but also acquires new and updated levels of knowledge, skills and ethical performance that will be of measurable benefit in professional practice and enhance and promote professional integrity. The beneficiary will ultimately be the patient.
CPD does not widen and deepen the legal scope of practice.
- Introduction to the educator
- The need for this specialized massage
- The role of the therapist
- Trends in pre-natal care
- Indications and contra-indications
- The use of oils
- Positioning and draping
- Alternative positions
- Focus for the three trimesters
- Post-natal massage
- Massage techniques for full body massage
- Note: The workshop is always tailored specifically to the needs of each particular group of students attending.
THE ULTIMATE PREGNANCY MASSAGE WORKSHOP –THE BROADER PERSPECTIVE
Designed to provide its students with a strong foundation of knowledge, insight and abilities as well as flexibility, this workshop covers the adaptations of massage for the pregnant woman, who is undergoing structural, physiological and psychological changes. These skills can be used in private practice, spas, clinics and hospitals.
Beyond the hands-on techniques mentioned above, the issues of the therapist’s needs, communication with clients and their position as part of a greater network of healthcare providers are addressed.
Although The Ultimate Pregnancy Massage Workshop is based on Swedish Massage techniques and an advanced training in Pregnancy, Post-Natal and Infant Massage, it also integrates features gained from training in Sports Massage and Manual Lymph Drainage.
- 27 November 2021
- 19 February 2022
- 30 April 2022
- 28 May 2022
- 30 July 2022
- 29 October 2022
Venue : Claremont
10am – 2.00pm
* 10% discount for Therapeutic Aromatherapists and Massage Therapists.
* 5% discount for Dermatech and BTI students
- B.Sc (UCT)
- HDE (Higher Diploma in Education) (UCT)
- Therapeutic Massage Therapist (AHPCSA)(trained in the USA) Registered with Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa
- Trained in Vodder Method of Manual Lymph Drainage (Cape Town)
- Trained in the Casley-Smith Method of Complex (Decongestive) Lymphatic Therapy (Australia)
- Swedish Massage Certification Programme (USA)
- Advanced Certification in Pregnancy, Post-Natal and Infant Massage (USA)
- Advanced Certification in Sports Massage (RSA)